MUSC CARES Medical Clinic
About MUSC CARES Medical Clinic 1145 Six Mile Road
The CARES Clinic is a non-profit organization providing free medical care to uninsured patients aged 18 and older in the local Charleston area since 2005 (those insured under Medicare or Medicaid do not qualify). It is operated and managed by professional students of MUSC for the opportunity to learn about medicine and the inter-workings of a free clinic. At CARES, medical, pharmacy, and PA students follow licensed physicians who are volunteering their time to care for our patients.
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
Insurance plans vary by individual. Please contact your insurance provider to check your coverage.
Careers at MUSC Health
Join the team that’s changing what’s possible in health care. Explore our job openings across the state of South Carolina. Both clinical and non-clinical positions are available. Don’t wait - take the next step in your career today!
Get Vaccinated Today
Have you gotten your vaccine yet? COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing severe infection. Find a vaccination clinic near you.