MUSC Health PET & CT Services at University Medical Center
About MUSC Health PET & CT Services at University Medical Center 171 Ashley Ave
PETCT is a recent new form of imaging used mostly for the detection and evaluation of cancer. The PETCT scanner combines both a specialized nuclear medicine camera and a CT scanner and a computer overlays these images for interpretation. Like general nuclear medicine, PETCT uses a type of radiation that is injected into an arm vein. After waiting for an hour, the radiation moves throughout the body and the PETCT scanner captures the radiation and makes images that are read by specialized Radiologists. The scan time is about an hour during which the patient lies on his or her back. Most radiological exams require a physician referral. Physicians can call MEDULINE at 843-792-2200 or 800-922-5250 to refer a patient.
Other Specialties at this Location
- Absolute Total Care (NEIC)
- Absolute Total Care Healthy Connections Prime Dual Medicare/Medicaid Plan
- Aetna (PPO)
- AllWell by Absolute Total Care
- Ambetter from Absolute Total Care (Marketplace)
- BCBS Blue Essentials (Marketplace)
- Blue Choice Blue Option (Exchange Plan)
- Blue Choice Medicaid
- Blue Choice MyChoice (Available as individual commercial product)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Choice HealthCare (Group Health Plan)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal (FEP)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Planned Administrators
Insurance plans vary by individual. Please contact your insurance provider to check your coverage.
Careers at MUSC Health
Join the team that’s changing what’s possible in health care. Explore our job openings across the state of South Carolina. Both clinical and non-clinical positions are available. Don’t wait - take the next step in your career today!
Get Vaccinated Today
Have you gotten your vaccine yet? COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective at preventing severe infection. Find a vaccination clinic near you.